Friday, January 24, 2014

Coconut mocha greek yogurt ice cream

This is a coconut mocha greek frozen yogurt I made the other day out of the blue. Didn't have a recipe. I wanted ice cream and we dint have any, but we did have coconut cream, milk and greek yogurt hahaha.

I didn't really measure anything, but I will attempt to Get the measurements as close as they were.

1 14 oz can of coconut cream, this stuff is really really really really thick, Think damn near school paste thick...
2 cups f milk (if I had had almond milk or coconut milk I would have used that but I didn't so I didn't)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tablespoon salt
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp instant coffee (i get samples all the time in the mail and just used those)
2 cups greek yogurt plain

Take about 1/2 cup of the milk and warm it up, mix the coffee and the cocoa powder with it.
Add it to the rest of the milk in a large bowl.
Add in the sugar, coconut cream, salt, vanilla and whisk really well.
Add in the greek yogurt and whisk again or bust out the hand mixer and mix it for a minute or so until really creamy looking.
Pour into a plastic wrapped lines pan or a plastic bowl of some sort and freeze for several hours to overnight.

When I pulled it out, it was really hard, like rock hard, I let it sit in the counter for a little bit so i could dish some up.

I think this recipe would be great for Popsicle molds. If you're gonna make them for kids, probably should omit the coffee, they are hyper enough as it is...

All in all this made a decent amount of a much lower fat "ice cream" for not alot of money, the only thing on the list I wouldn't normally have would be the coconut cream, but it was on sale when I was wandering through trader joes and couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment