Friday, January 17, 2014

DIY seed starter pots

 

 



I've probably mentioned before i'm cheap, well broke but I like to be nice to myself about it. Anywho, Instead of buying 100 starter pots for my seeds for spring and summer, I make them out of toilet paper tubes. Everyone has toilet paper, you're already buying it, why not make it do double duty.

Take a toilet paper tube and cut it in half.

Take a half of a tube and cut 4 slits in it directly across from on another about 1/3 of the way down the tube.

Fold it like you would fold a packing box.

Put some soil in them and add your seeds.

Water.

Watch seedlings grow.

When the seedlings are ready to be transplanted, you don't even have to take them out of the tube, just open up the bottom and put it directly into the ground.

Simple as can be and FREE. Who doesn't like free

I put my first seeds in a box and a towel underneath to catch any water and a piece of glass under the towel

No comments:

Post a Comment